LEARNING TO CREATE A "TRANSFORMATION VACATION"
I'm inspired to share a transformative shift that I recently experienced: Last week I toured the property of the Stillheart Institute where I'm hosting my upcoming Reignite Your Radiance Transformational Summer Retreat (more info on that below). It was a hectic day for me, a classic, busy "Monday" and I did not feel centered. Even as I began to hike their gorgeous hiking trail amidst the trees, I noticed that I was rushing.
So I created what I like to call a "Transformation Vacation", or an "In-Between Moment". In between my busyness, my plan of action and smack dab in the middle of my life, I paused. Literally, I sat myself down on a tree stump and put myself in a time out. I felt my feet on the earth. I noticed how my body felt, and I gave myself a few good, slow, deep breaths.
Within moments, I was transformed. I went from chaotic, rushed and stressed about time to centered, spacious and reconnected to my intuitive wisdom. I went from mindlessly making my way through the woods to becoming AWAKE, ALIVE and APPRECIATIVE of my incredible surroundings. At that moment, a family of 3 deer appeared. We shared a quiet and magical moment together before they took off. I was totally reinvigorated and inspired. All it took was 3 minutes of intentional "vacation" time on my part, and I was a new person.
How often do you hear this inner dialogue running through your head?:
* There's never enough time to get everything done so I can relax
* I'll be able to exhale once I find love, complete the laundry, loose 10 ten pounds...
* I can fix this nagging issue if I figure out what to do about it
* I should, I should, I should....
This approach to life is SO common in our society and it's the reason why you're struggling to find peace, balance and freedom in your life. They KEY to fixing this is learning how to create a "Transformation Vacation" on the spot. It's all about loving yourself enough to create an In-Between moment dedicated JUST TO YOU. Not to your kids, not to your spouse, not to your inbox, not to your clients or your girlfriend who needs advice. I'm talking about taking a TRUE, Time Out For YOU.
Who Do You Become?
Who do you become when your tanks are full? What happens to your resentment when you've gotten enough sleep or enough alone time to putter around the house in your unique way? What becomes available to you when you move your body or take an hour in nature or by the ocean? Imagine all that you could give to the people in your life if you approached life from a place of inner fullness and radiance? Imagine how the light within you could spill out and inspire, heal, touch others.
The Hard Truth:
I'm going to tell it to you straight: You're not Superwoman. You're not Superman. You can't do it all, nor do you need to. You'll exhaust yourself trying, trust me, I've been there. But you do need to rise to your own occasion. You do need to be your own SuperHero daily by tending to your needs, enforcing boundaries, connecting to yourself, coming back to your center and your heart when fear or auto-pilot mode has gotten the best of you. It's your responsibility to experience the richness within your life. It's here for you. And it requires that you slow down to catch it, to notice it and bask in it.
So How Do We Create This Shift?
Creating a "Transformation Vacation" smack dab in the middle of your life is actually very easy to do. While you may decide that a truly transformative vacation involves plane tickets to a resort in Kauai (which usually works every time!), creating a restorative and centering shift within you does not require much time or money. Actually, without this secret formula for inner shifts, even a luxurious vacation in Hawaii won't restore you. Here are the key steps:
1. Catch It. Often times we are stuck in a moment of frustration, exhaustion, being rushed, etc. and we don't even realize that that's where we are. The first step is to lovingly and curiously catch yourself in your non optimal state.
2. Pause and Breath. Sit yourself down somewhere to simply pause for a moment and breath. If you're at a busy party, then go to the restroom and sit yourself down in a private stall for a moment. Stop making dinner and sit on the couch. Sit in your car before entering your home or the social engagement you're about to attend.
3. Notice & Name It. Tune into your body. How does it feel? Where do you feel tension or relaxation? Name that. What emotions do you feel? Use inner language that keeps you in the detached position of the Sacred Observer. For example: "I feel some anxiety" here or "I notice that I'm rushed and detached from myself". This approach keeps you from becoming the emotion itself (i.e. avoid saying "I'm anxious" or "I'm rushed").
4. Clarify Your Needs. Take a moment to clarify what you need. Perhaps all you needed was this momentary pause. Perhaps you're clear that you're moving at lightening speed because you are avoiding something or you've scheduled yourself too tightly. What do you need? Maybe it's to communicate to your friend or to reschedule something. Maybe what you need most is a nap or a little downtime to yourself so you can get clear on your next steps.
5. Return To Trust & Gratitude. Remember that it's all OK. You can handle it and you can trust in your own abilities to navigate your life. Give yourself this reminder and notice what you can be grateful for in this very moment. I promise you there's at least one thing to be so appreciative of. Perhaps you can simply be grateful for the "Transformation Vacation" you provided yourself with in the midst of your full and glorious life.
Taking Longer Than A Minute
As much as I'm a believer in creating momentary shifts, I know that in order to TRULY restore and re-center ourselves, it requires removing ourselves from our normal environment. Other ideas for a "Transformation Vacation":
* Go for a hike smack dab in the middle of your work day
* Sit outside and each your lunch in the sun instead of at your computer
* Go for a walk at the beach before coming home to cook dinner
* Schedule a massage for yourself
* Attend your conference call from your favorite pastry shop, expansive view, etc.
* Schedule your babysitter for 30 minutes longer than you actually need so you can get time to yourself
* Sit in your car and listen to your favorite relaxing music before entering your home
* Take the scenic route home while singing along to your favorite, re-energizing song
The need for these longer breaks is the reason why I created my upcoming Reignite Your Radiance! Transformational Summer Retreat where you'll be pampered with organic food, movement and meditation. You will be empowered through group coaching sessions, heart-opening rituals and enlightening workshops in nature that will connect you to yourself as you refuel your body and soul.
There are only 2 spots left in what will undoubtedly be a memorable, transformative experience in your life. You can still bring a friend for $200 Off and snag those last two spots together. Both men & women are welcome! Secure your spot HERE.
Ready to transform?
Get Blogs Delivered!
Sign Up For the
Embodied Truth Newsletter
& get Rony's blogs
delivered straight to
About Rony Reingold
Rony Reingold, HLC, CPCC is CEO of Embodied Truth Coaching. As a Certified Holistic and Transformational Coach, Motivational Speaker, Forthcoming Author and Inspirational Change Agent, Rony works with people who are ready to claim their lives and create more freedom, power, purpose and joy for themselves on a daily basis. Rony has guided countless clients across the globe towards inner and outer success by helping them clarify, claim and then create their personalized dream life. Rony specializes in working with individuals and groups who are awakening to something more and are ready to step into their deepest fulfillment and full potential.