SHIFTING INTO THE POWER AND VULNERABILITY OF "WE"
Happy 2015 and Happy Chinese New Year to you as well!
While I cannot claim to be an expert in Chinese traditions, I am always interested and excited to learn about the meaning of the Chinese new year. Luckily, my amazing assistant is also a Feng Shui specialist and a Chinese astrologer. She's helped me to understand just how powerful of a year is in store for us if we allow ourselves to dissolve beyond the walls of individuality that we've cherished into a consciousness of collective harmony. (Click HERE if you are curious about Feng Shui or Astrology.)
This year, the Year of the Sheep, serves as one of our teachers, bathing us in the essence of gentleness, peace and calm. The sheep energy calls us into the grace of harmony that exists among the collective whole and invites us to consider how we might evolve beyond our individual truth into the power and potential of togetherness.
Sheep travel in a herd. Aside from the lone "black sheep", we tend to see sheep huddled together, working collectively to graze, move, live, etc. Therefore, the sheep energy allows us to nurture one another and to tend to our home, family and community in a way we haven’t experienced in years. The past three years we lived in horse, snake and dragon energy. All of these signs are very individualistic, and were powerful, charged and growth oriented, catapulting us forward into the truth and expression of who we uniquely are. They were rooted in the masculine, yang life force energy.
This year, in contrast, brings with it a reminder that we need one other. What good is our individual power and expression if we cannot balance it with our need for vulnerability, tenderness and quiet intimacy? The sheep represents the profound, transformational power of the feminine, yin life force energy. It is a time to practice being receptive, to nurture and be nurtured, to be inclusive and trust the greater power of the whole.
This sounds quite kumbaya, doesn't it? All of us getting along, loving one another... it's like a Woodstock hippie revival or something. Well, let me tell it to you straight: I'm a transformational coach. EVERY single client and workshop participant that I've ever had was afraid of intimacy on some level. ALL of us are. Most people in our society shy away from the power of vulnerability, seeing it as something that needs to be protected, something that makes them susceptible to hurt or danger of some kind. The sheep is here to guide us into the power of surrender and trust, teaching us that vulnerability is simply a way of being open to deeper connection.
When was the last time you allowed your heart to break open and ask for support in front of someone else? When was the last time you allowed your voice to quiver as you shared how you really feel with your closest loved ones or friends? Have you allowed yourself to melt into the arms of another, not because you are wounded, but because you embody the capacity to receive the purity of their love? What would it be like to dissolve the walls of facade that you've so carefully built around your precious self? What would it be like to nurture the deepest parts of yourself in community with others? What if you allowed your community into your personal experience so deeply that it allowed you all to deepen a bond that was previously superficial? THIS is the power of the sheep.
Recently, I had an experience with my husband that allowed us to experience a deeper intimacy than we've possibly ever felt together before. In the midst of a minor argument, where each of us was defending our positions, I allowed myself to be completely vulnerable and to share a substantial fear that I was facing in my life. In naming my fear and my experience without blame or judgement, I opened to the depths of my vulnerability and asked my husband, who may have been surprised by my outburst of tears, simply to hold me. In that moment, I chose to take the path of the sheep. I could have stayed closed off and defended, even in my vulnerability, feeling too stupid or foolish to ask to be held. I chose instead to drop into the power of "WE"; to lean on him and feel his partnership. He rose to the occasion so gracefully and held me in such a quiet power. A new, deeper trust emerged.
We are being called to dissolve. It is time to dissolve beyond the power of our individual truth and evolve into a new paradigm that is carried and supported by a larger whole. We are being called to TRUST. Trust, trust, trust. Trust in our partners, trust in our friends, trust in our loved ones, trust in our community, trust in humanity once again. The sheep invites us to fall back into the arms of the other and to watch in amazement as they actually catch us. What a stunningly magnificent balance to the part of us who knows how to handle it, who knows how to make it happen and rise to the occasion. In addition to our strength, we now get to experience our softness and our openness. In doing so, our softness and openness becomes our new strength.
So what does it look like for YOU to embrace the power of the sheep this year? How might you lean on your loved ones more to ask for help? What does it look like to open yourself to a new level of receiving - receiving love, kindness, abundance, blessings? How can you open your heart into vulnerability just a little more?
As we open to consider and trust the needs of the whole, we ironically nourish ourselves. Our interconnectedness will be our source of power, so it is a good time for partnering up with your cheerleaders - those people who hold you up and believe in you. If you are someone who likes to control everything and do everything yourself, or if you are a perfectionist, this year will serve as a huge growing edge and opportunity for you. It's your chance to learn to let go a little bit more, to allow others to participate and to surrender into being instead of doing.
I invite you to realize just how much actually has your back. Feel into your back right now as you allow yourself to rest on all that holds you and supports you in this life. All those people, the earth's gravity, the power of the Divine. It's all here holding you so you can relax back into it. Allow yourself to rest on the intervonnectivity that binds us together, the unified whole, a humanity based on love and light.
Here's to your open heart, your nourished self and the joy of feeling your abundant community. May you receive and receive and receive.
PS - I want to hear from you! How are you going to soften and open a bit more this year? What will be powerful for you in that? Please comment below and I'll respond! Happy new year!
It is nature's invitation to stop identifying with your wounds, stop feeding your stories of lack and commit instead to all that is right and whole. What if your perspective, your consciousness, your reality, was rooted in the brilliance of your Divine LIGHT 90% of the time. What would you see? How glorious is that light? Are you willing to explore what you see in ultimate light instead of ultimate darkness? Do you dare to live in the fullness of your joy, your spirit, your God-given light 100% of the time? It's a pretty powerful concept to consider.
You are exquisitely Divine. Your soul is made of pure light, pure love and pure energy that comes into form through your unique expression and embodiment of that light. It’s your embodiment, your ownership of your light that allows it to exist fully in you and allows it to light up the whole room, the whole world.
So how do we identify the light within us and around us... and how do we make it grow? This light is always present and it's available to illuminate your path at any time. The key is reorienting your focus to notice it and then committing your energy to cultivate it.
Here are 5 simple ways to bring more light into your life:
1. Reorient Your Focus. One of the greatest spiritual laws affirms that what we have our attention on becomes our life. Have you ever noticed that when you're stuck in "glass-half-empty" mode then everything seems to go wrong? The opposite is also true. Even in the midst of profound darkness, in the midst of world-wide upheaval and strife, we can find the light by looking for it and by looking at it. It only takes one match to light up a dark room. So... what's illuminated in your life right now in the midst of everything? What IS working for you? What IS growing? What match can you light to spark that initial flame of positivity, wholeness and hope?
2. Become Generative. This is by far the most powerful way to bring more light and positivity into your life. Being generative means intentionally putting your energy towards that which you want to have grow. You are generating the outcome you want – through your words, actions, choices, thoughts, etc. It means you’re taking Radical Responsibility to be the pioneer of your life’s experience. This takes the first step a bit further. Now that you know how to find light, how can you cultivate it? Practice being generative ten times a day – choose language that cultivates your intention, the outcome you want, etc. Make it a point to engage in things that light you your soul and make you HAPPY from WITHIN. Start saying what you DO want instead of talking about what you don't want or don't like. Put energy towards that which you are creating.
3. Bring It Back Home To You. How often do you find yourself stuck in the comparison game? How often are you more focused on what’s happening out there over there with him, her or them? Comparing ourselves to others opens the door to a massive pity party of lack, less-than and the consciousness of being broken in some way. Bring more light into your life by keeping your first attention on yourself and releasing the story of something being wrong or lacking within you just because it exists with someone else. Bring your focus back to this very moment on your unique path of self actualization. What are you proud of? What are you up to and what are you creating for yourself right now? You can use your body to bring it back home - tap your heart, bring your focus to the back of your neck and shift your posture from forward bending to leaning slightly back. The more you listen to and trust your own inner guidance, instead of what's going on with someone else, the more Divine guidance you will receive and your soul will shine from the inside out.
4. Celebrate. It's the holidays! It's the end of the year and the start of a new one! You're alive! You're reading this blog! There IS cause to celebrate. The celebration of life brings light in more quickly than anything else. Every morning before getting out of bed, spend 5 minutes in a gratitude party with yourself. What are you grateful for? What miracles are taking place in your life right now, in this moment, today? What gives you cause to celebrate? It can be as simple as celebrating the fact that it's a sunny day or that your cat is snuggling up next to you or that your breath works brilliantly on your behalf. Take in a deep breath and breathe in all the AMAZINGNESS that is here to celebrate. Join the party.
5. Become ALIGNED. When we align our words, actions and choices with our highest intention we allow the clouds to part and the most incredible rays of light shine through for us. Living in alignment means we are living with dignity, integrity and even reverence for ourselves and for life itself. Take a moment to remember this throughout the day instead of habitually reacting out of impulse or your normal, comfortable, passive way. Ask yourself how you can make your choices more congruent with the highest vibration of who you really are. What would it look like if you allowed yourself to shine from a place of integrity and personal triumph today instead of from a place of ego? If you are interested in how to become ALIGNED so that you can shine from the inside out and never abandon the truth of who you are, then check out my phenomenal, life-changing online course fittingly called ALIGNED. It's a game changer. And it will bring more light into your field than anything you've ever known before.
Remember how divine and perfect you are RIGHT NOW. You are illuminated. Here's to your SHINE and to cultivating the light in our world together.
** Let's SHINE together! Leave me a comment below and let me know which of these light tips inspires you the most!
Yours in the light,
The other morning I woke up earlier than usual. 6:35am. I'm blessed to have a large window in my kitchen that overlooks much of the San Francisco Bay Area. This video is what I arose to. Hands down the most magnificent sunrise I've ever seen. I stepped out onto the deck in my pajamas and sat there until the sun completed it's rise. There was a gentle fall breeze. I basked. And then it struck me... Heaven is on earth.
What would your life be like if you stepped out of bed early enough each morning, and the clouds, sun and wind were in perfect condition to give you momentary bliss? What if each day was like watching the best movie of your life? What if you were inspired, in awe and in passion every single day? This isn't out of your control. It's simply a matter of expanding your awareness and choosing the path of Heaven. Our media bombards us with news of killings, violence, distress and upheaval on a constant basis. We're trained to focus on what's not working in our world. What if I gave you a new set of glasses that showed you just how heavenly everything actually is? Would you dare to wear them? Would you share them with your friends? Would you trust that things are actually changing?
It's easier than you think. Here's how to experience your unique Heaven on Earth:
1. Practice Awe. The Garden of Eden is not a mundane place. It's the Garden of Eden! It's totally awe inspiring. To connect to it in daily life, you must start cultivating awe every single day. Slow yourself down, take a breath and soak in the utter amazingness around you. Nature's beauty is the easiest entry point. Notice the precision of the due drops on the morning grass. Let yourself be amazed by the ocean's waves crashing into the shore. Stop to appreciate the fragrance that comes from the roses in your neighbor's garden. Give thanks to the incredible meal on your plate. No more taking things for granted. There are incredible creations worthy of your wonderment all around you.
2. Trust the Greater forces of Life. Have you ever noticed that the sun rises EVERY morning? Every morning. Or that your body breathes for you all by itself without your having to do anything? What about the natural disasters that give growth to new foliage and restore the earth? You're not in charge of that. Something greater is. There are greater, divine forces at work that we rely on regularly. Heaven lands into our daily experience when we begin to partner with these forces. Trust that all of life is working in your favor. All of life is here to remind you that you have everything you need in this moment to feed yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually. Your life is a beautiful orchestration of events and opportunities that are designed to have you evolve and grow; to return to living as though Heaven is on earth. Begin to trust in the things that are beyond your control and notice how they gift both you and our world what it needs most at every moment.
3. Live in Reverence. What might shift for you if you approached yourself, your loved ones and even strangers with unwavering, loving respect and reverence? Not just a little bit, but full on. What if you saw yourself as a precious gift from the heavens, here to share your light with our world just by being you and experiencing your specific life? What if you regarded others in this way? How might you view your mother? Your boss? That homeless guy on the street? Heaven exists on earth when we regard ourselves and one another with reverence. Treat yourself as the pure gift that you are and notice what you see differently in your life.
4. Take Responsibility. While you cannot control the greater forces of life, you do play a major role in shaping your reality. What are you most passionate about? What gets you excited or moves you to tears of joy? Are you engaging with these things every single day? The experience of Heaven requires that we live in alignment with all that's true for us. It is your responsibility to shift the things in your life that aren't working for you and to own what is true for you deep down inside. By bringing your truth to the surface and infusing it into your daily life, you'll experience the passion, fulfillment, clarity, abundance, love and ease that you long for. This is the gateway to the Garden. The more precise you are with your alignment, i.e. the more you own, live and share what's true for you, the more you'll experience the heavenly bliss that's available for you.
** I want to hear from you! I want to stand for you! I want to live in Heaven on Earth with you! Please comment below and let me know: What would change in your life if you started to live as though heaven were on earth?
Here's to your unique, personal experience of heaven. I invite you to step into more awe, trust, reverence and responsibility so that you can truly know the passion, purpose, peace and utter joy that's waiting for you.
P.S.: Since December 2012, we have seen a shift in our consciousness and our humanity literally took a 180 degree turn back towards the "Garden of Eden". Quantum physicists and spiritual leaders alike are now offering proof that the highest dimension of divine consciousness is now embedded into the firmament of the earth's soil and crystals. This process has already begun and we are being invited into it. You can evolve yourself and our entire planet simply by practicing the four tricks listed above. Dare to allow heaven into your daily life. It will open you up to so much more than you expected and it will allow you to become even more of a light-bearer in our world. Here's to YOU!
Last week I shared on Facebook that my intuitive abilities have become much more enhanced recently and that it's creating so much magic in my life. A lovely lady in our Embodied Truth Facebook Community asked me how to strengthen her intuition. This is something that I work on in depth in my ALIGNED course and with my 1:1 Coaching Clients and now I'm excited to share this information with you. Check out my latest video and turn up your intuitive Super Powers!
** I want to connect with YOU: Leave me a comment underneath the video and answer this question:
What would be possible for you if you started living a life that was based on your INTUITIVE POWERS?
I'll be sure to answer you and we can get the conversation started.
It's incredibly alluring to get stuck in the Good Trap, where things are arguably good. Where we feel guilty complaining or secretly longing for more. And yet, the longer we stay in the land of Good, the longer we begin to feel ourselves, our joy and our dreams shrinking. The Good Trap is a sneaky one, but on this path of awakening to your soul's fullest potential and joy, it simply is not enough.
Are you trapped in the Good Life?
There are 3 key reasons why we allow ourselves to remain in the Good Trap for longer than we need to.
1. Firstly, we think it's the norm. No one else is ditching their perfectly stable and good life to go climb a mountain or two, swing from the chandeliers and live a wildly authentic and fulfilling life - why should I? People just don't do that. But what is "normal" anyways? What if our norm is changing? What if in your world it became perfectly normal to upgrade from good to totally, utterly AMAZEBALLS fabulous? I'll fill you in on a little secret: I chose to upgrade from good to deliciously phenomenal some years ago, and now in my world that's normal. It can be for you too. It's your choice. And since when is being "normal" something to strive for anyways? I get approached by people each week who are longing to experience more of their true authenticity and asking me how they can build a life based on their own unique shine. I invite you to evolve yourself beyond the norm that you know and step into a new territory of greatness.
2. Secondly, many people experience guilt when it comes to considering the Good Trap upgrade. My clients and workshop participants tell me: "I wish I could be in a different career - I mean, I'm not starving and I don't hate my job, but...". Feel the guilt? Be careful of the illusion that you don't deserve greatness because other people are struggling. People loose their power in the story that somehow living in greatness makes it worse for those who are suffering. As Marianne Williamson said: "You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you." You were born to experience your greatness. We all were. In most cases, people's struggles end up proving to them just how great they are. So don't try to alleviate suffering by remaining loyal to mediocracy. You will inspire, help and heal others when you are at your greatest.
3. Lastly, the number one thing that holds people in the grips of Good is fear and the assumption that upgrading from Good to Fabulous is somehow dangerous. If I quit my suffocatingly good job, ditch my good not great relationship, rent out my OK apartment so I can go to Nepal... surely I'll end up broke and alone. Really? Will following your dreams leave you broke and alone? In your dream life are you isolated and homeless? I doubt it. I guarantee you that following your heart's desire and engaging in a lifestyle that brings you totally alive will only lead to more abundance, meaning, connection, security and freedom. You may experience some social pruning or some fall-out of your old, Good, way, but eventually, your new AMAZING way will take roots and you'll be able to count on it 100%.
In my ALIGNED course, we work on taking Radical Responsibility for our circumstances and our lives. Our external environment is a reflection of our inner landscape and we create our reality. Trust in the potency of your dream and trust yourself to pull it off. You have it in you or it wouldn't be nagging at you to upgrade. If you need a little help claiming, clarifying and creating the life of your dreams, check out my audio seminar "5 Secrets To Making Your Dream Life Real. For Real." It will give you the jump start you need.
inspired and free you become inherently generous towards everyone around you. And we need this version of you. Our world needs it. So GO FOR IT! It's safe. It's fun. It's worth it. It's time.
** I want to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and let me know what your Good Trap looks like and how you're going to break right through it into the land of Deliciously Fabulous!
HOW GRIEF SILENTLY OPENS THE COLLECTIVE HEART
Last Wednesday started off as a normal morning - I turned the tea kettle on, rubbed my eyes and pet my anxious puppy as he nipped at my toes for attention. I was gearing up for a full day of coaching sessions when I got the call that a dear family friend had very suddenly passed away. He was the younger brother of one of my best friends. He was someone I had grown up with, an extension of my family. He was a light in our world, gone too soon at the ripe age of 35. I dropped the phone and fell to the floor sobbing. Total shock.
As the week progressed, this shocking tragedy brought together my expansive "chosen" family from adolescence - an entire multi-generational community of friends and families who have known one another for over 25 years. We hugged, we wept, we remembered, we honored, we ate, we laughed and more than anything we grieved as we said goodbye to our beloved loved one together.
Many of us have experienced the death of a loved one, or perhaps felt the impact of loosing someone we may not have even known that well at all. The death of my friend fell during the same week as the death of Robin Williams which devastated people all over the world. Around the globe, hearts were ripped open as people mourned this unexpected loss. Death seems to give us pause. Somehow it softens us. It puts things in perspective and startles us into remembering how precious life can be. It seems to say to us: "Wake Up!"
As we search for meaning during the time of tragedy and grief, I cannot help but be struck by a sense of healing that has the potential to emerge in these heart-open moments. As much as I cannot fully digest what has happened to my friend, his family and our community, I somehow also cannot shake a simultaneous sense of profound peace that feels present to me at this time. How is it that something so terrible can give us access to something so reassuring?
The answer is simple: LOVE.
Despite the struggle in the Middle East, random shootings in the Midwest and the heart-wrenching depression that swallowed the life of a comedic icon, I still believe that in our truest state we are made of love. I trust fully that we are actively evolving our human consciousness and that on a soul level, we are more familiar with the light than the dark.
Could it be that grief opens our hearts just enough to remember LOVE as our truth? Could it be that grief is clearing out Humanity's old story of separation, judgment, danger and lack as it silently softens the Collective Heart?
Grief is a profound teacher if we let it be. If we let the title waves of sadness pour through us, then they can awaken and cleanse our hearts. Death is a reminder of impermanence and is one doorway to re-awaken our ability to BE with what is in this moment. Death is here to remind us about LOVE. It invites us to connect to our soul's path and to one another right now, in this life. It disintegrates our walls of judgement, story and constriction that have kept us small and cocooned away from the authentic connection we so deeply desire. How come it takes the shattering of life for us to remember how precious and vulnerable we truly are? It's as though the grief over my friend's death has on some level cleared some out-dated residue of isolation, contraction and smallness in my heart. While I feel immense sadness, I can tell that I am more open. I am somehow more loving today. I am seeing through a renewed pair of eyes that offer compassion, tenderness, trust and peace towards myself and those around me. This is the gift of those who have left us. They afford us the blessing of loving more in this life, allowing our collective consciousness to evolve. Their departure opens the door for our healing.
As I process the meaning of these events, I begin to wonder how we might all soften ourselves to love a little bit more. What would it take to pick up the phone instead of feed our isolation? What would it do if we practiced receiving love in moments of tender vulnerability? What does it take for us to truly surrender?
I am reminded that each of us is whole. Each of our souls has an innate wisdom and is on the perfect path. Each of us is invited by forces greater than we can ever imagine to return to our natural state of love. To SHOW UP and nourish our sacred connections to ourselves and each other. Each of us is OK. We can handle our pain, we can lean into our fear a little more today than yesterday, we can stretch ourselves out of the darkness of comfort back into the light of love in some way today.
Personally, I feel changed, and in this change I have recommitted myself to live vulnerably, lovingly and in connection even more. We are made of love. We are here to love ourselves and each other. We are asked to do it now. And to ask for help doing it.
My invitation to you is that you courageously honor your soul's longing for connection, peace, joy, purity, liberation and love. It's safe to do so. It's time to do so. It's our responsibility to do so. You are fully blessed and always supported by the Great Mystery that seems to somehow always bring us back to love.
May you Shine On.
What makes this sabbatical radical is not the length of time off, although a month is truly a delicious amount of space to reconnect and rejuvenate. The radical element comes into play because I've chosen to insert this radical pause smack dab into the middle of my very busy, successful, fulfilling life. It's radical because I'm being wildly intentional and devoted to my highest good. I can sense that there's something deep below for me to access that only has the chance to come forward by my complete honoring of self. I am committing to totally slowing down, and more so, I am committing to receive divine inner guidance by practicing true integrity and ultimate deep listening. Totally radical.
As I prepared myself for this pause, I realized two important things. First, I was aware of how infrequently we give ourselves permission to be utterly spacious. We are trained in our society to fill up every ounce of free time on our calendars and push forward. Or our fear stops us and feeds us the story that we can't afford to pause. These tendencies rob us of our ability to experience our true nature, to face what's here and to access the brilliance of our inner stillness. It truly is radical to choose the awakened response over the reaction; the stillness over the stimulation; the sabbatical as a doorway to the next phase of our life's work and offerings.
I invite you to really think about this. In my own career, society feeds me messages that the next step of growth or success is for me to host a tele-summit or start my own TV show. Go bigger! Become famous! It's a massive paradigm shift to choose to PAUSE in the face of these dangling carrots and listen instead to my inner knowing that reaffirms my truth. I know that my inspiration and brilliance emerges when I have the space to dance through life. I know that something deep within me is coming forward and that it will solidify in the sanctuary of my own quiet and nourished depths. There is massive richness in the quiet deliciousness of the radical pause. Feel it?
The second thing I became very clear on in the process of preparing for this sabbatical is that I don't want to be the only one who is radical. Why should I be the only one who benefits from this indulgence? What if we all embraced the energy of radical intention in the coming month? I asked my clients what they wanted to be radial about in July and I was blown away by their answers. One of them is committing to radical self love. Another has the intention of radial deep listening and gratitude. Another is choosing to be radically free through adventure in July. Wow! We don't need to take time off to fulfill our deepest desires. We can be radical about aligning with our dreams and our truth right now, in between everything else.
So I invite you to join in. What would your life look like if you focused your energy on radical rest? Or radical authenticity? What paradigm shift and liberation is possible for you when you embrace radical fulfillment - only engaging in those activities, jobs, foods and people that totally bring you alive? How can you better serve our world by practicing radical generosity or radical tenderness towards yourself? What is here to access that otherwise would be missed?
As I step out into the vastness of my deliciously amazing Radical Sabbatical, I invite you to join me. Well, you're not invited to come to Hawaii with me next week... but you are invited to evolve into this new paradigm of purity, integrity and full permission to radically put yourself first. This is what feeds our ripple effect and our ability to pay it forward full on. Yes: the ultimate form of service comes when we serve from a place of connection to our highest, most joyous selves; from our fullest capacity and over-flowing hearts. I truly hope you'll consider this and that you'll join me in living a radially authentic, nourished and liberated life this month... and way beyond!
I'm looking forward to sharing my insights with you in August. Until then...
TURNING YOUR DARKNESS INTO LIGHT ISN'T AS HARD AS YOU THINK
By now, you may have seen some buzz about my new book In Pursuit of the Divine. I am beyond thrilled to announce that the book reached International Best Seller status on Amazon in under 6 hours. Amazing. To top it off, two days later we hit #1 in the category of Self Help Happiness books. After crying tears of joy and jumping up and down, it dawned on me how hungry our world is for the themes that run through this book; particularly the themes of hope, perseverance, being empowered as a woman and letting the joy of our authentic truth liberate us from our self imposed suffering. Now, more than ever, this feels like really important stuff.
I've been seeing these themes arise for my coaching clients recently, and since my clients are my mirror, I see that they've arisen for me as well. How can it be that our greatest pain, our most gripping fears and our deepest loneliness or vulnerability is actually what takes us back towards the light?
One of the readers who reviewed our book on Amazon had this to say: "The stories that these women share are raw and inspiring and they all serve as a reminder that our greatest wounds can be our most valuable gifts if we allow them to open to the light. In reading this collection, I am reminded over and over again that no matter the darkness that may be felt at times, the Divine is always within us, always supporting us, and that we are resilient and powerful."
While we may know intellectually that we are each divine and have the ability to shift from dark to light, how do we actually pull that off in those moments where we feel all hope is lost or when we've accidentally gone down the rabbit hole of negative thinking? This topic has truly inspired me this week as I see the global ripple effect and reach of our special little book. If you're in need of a dose of TRUE INSPIRATION, you can get your copy of In Pursuit of the Divine HERE. I promise it will open you in a way that you didn't expect. Get the kleenex and get your super hero cape out. You're going to need both after you're done reading it. As a special celebratory treat, I'm giving everyone who buys the book a copy of my expansive Limitless Life Meditation. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR BOOK AND YOUR FREE LIMITLESS LIFE MEDITATION!
More than anything, darkness grips us when we are afraid to be in it. It makes me think of times in the past when the lights have gone out during a winter storm. Instinctually, our first reaction is to be afraid. Yet when we pause and catch our breath, we can slowly figure out where the candles and matches are and we remember that the flashlight is hidden in the kitchen drawer. Upon being relaxed, the dark stormy night begins to feel like an adventure - something fun and totally out of the ordinary that we never get to experience. Lighting one simple candle in that environments illuminates our entire experience and allows us to see things we've never noticed before.
1. Acknowledge Your Wounds. The same is true for our emotional landscape. What we resist persists. If you're wounded in your heart and you ignore it, your wound will become infected, just like a cut on your arm that you turn away from. If you're frustrated with your life but you step over your inner knowing and keep up a facade, you will become more infected there as well. The first step to accessing your most valuable gifts is acknowledging your wounds.
2. Get Curious. Let yourself be there for a moment in the dark without running. This is critical to regaining your power. We are powerless when we are too afraid to encounter our wound. So take out your headlamp and explore the territory here in the dark a bit. No judgement. Just curiosity. What do you discover? What is causing this darkness? How might you unintentionally be contributing to it? What is it costing you to avoid instead of accept this darkness? This is known as leaning into the wound instead of letting it run your life. You're not too afraid to look. You can lean into it with curiosity and gain more information here. Whatever insight you gain in this space becomes the path that will lead you back towards the light. You've looked and you've realized what needs to change. Start to open further... How can the insights that your darkness provides guide you back towards the light? Our gifts emerge from the darkness of our wounds.
3. Don't Accidentally Commit To The Dark. Once we take radical responsibility to admit that certain parts of our lives, our emotional landscape, our relationships or our health are "in the dark", i.e. not in alignment with our highest self, then we can do something about it. Here's where most people get stuck and accidentally stay in their wounds longer than is healthy. Our society, our advertising, even our medical system is wildly fear based and this has created the illusion that we need to get rid of whatever is frustrating or frightening us. We must put all of our focus, energy, time, thoughts, even money towards getting rid of our wound. Not exploring the darkness, but annihilating it at all costs. Make it go away! I don't want it here! The problem is that our shadows - our fear, vulnerability, false beliefs and our human condition will never go completely away. We're human! When we try so hard to get rid of what is bothering us, or what scares us, we end up giving it more energy and focus, and ultimately power. Upon looking at their darkness with curiosity, most people accidentally pitch a tent and end up living in their darkness for years. Acknowledging your wounds does not mean cultivating them. While you want to be willing to look at what's wrong, don't accidentally over identify with the negative to the point that you commit to your wounding.
4. Remember The Sun! You've acknowledged your wounds, gotten curious about them and realized that by exploring them, they give you insight to very important and timely information about how to make things better. This is where the magic is. This is how our wounds turn into our greatest gifts. You must now follow your inner knowing and walk towards what you know is right. It takes courage, it takes patience and faith... but most of all, it takes LIGHT. Once you've turned to face the light again, do everything to remember that sun is always present. Even when it's night time, the sun exists. Even when you hit a block of fear, your glorious truth and authentic power is always present. Find the people, teachers, healers, coaches, communities, activities, foods and places that ignite the light within you so you can remember and stay connected to who you really are. You are whole, you are safe, you are powerful, you are capable, you are beautiful, you are creative, you are healthy, you are more than enough. The more you do this, the more your natural born gifts will emerge for you.
Whatever we have our focus on grows. Allow your wounds to guide you towards what you have been avoiding. Allow yourself to turn 180 degrees around and face the light yet again. You'll be so glad you did and perhaps then you can contribute to your own inspirational book anthology about claiming the divine presence that is already within you.
Here's to your inner light. May you own it, celebrate it and remember that it's always inside of you. You are divine.
BEYOND MY WILDEST EXPECTATIONS
I am thrilled and honored to announce that In Pursuit of the Divine reached bestseller status within the first 6 hours of being available for purchase on Amazon! It is now #1 status in the category of Self Help Happiness books. In alignment with my vision for each of us to live a limitless life, filled with purpose, power, freedom and joy, I’m offering my Limitless Life Guided Meditation as a free gift to everyone that purchases this book. This meditation is the perfect compliment to a book that is sure to blow your heart wide open!
It dawned on me as I was taking my pup out for an afternoon stroll a few moments ago just how incredible this book actually is. There is a major ripple effect here. You mean because I dared to share what I've been through - more vulnerably, authentically and courageously than I've done before.... some woman in Africa, in Holland, in New Zealand, in North Carolina might find it within herself to choose light over dark? Trust over fear? Personal power and will over choosing to remain shrunken and small?
This is how we do it you guys. This is what happens when each of us dare to really live our truth in the smallest and largest ways we know how. We do truly have the power to heal the world by healing ourselves. I'm totally struck by this. Sitting here at my computer, tears streaming down my face because I understand yet again, the importance of embodying our truths.
I invite you today to be yourself a little more than you were yesterday, to stand up for yourself, to acknowledge your beauty, to say NO, to strut your stuff and open your heart just a little bit more. This is how we do it. YOU have an impact on everyone around you, whether you're aware of it or not. You were put on this earth with a purpose of living as YOU, as divinely as you can. When you do that, it inspires the rest of us. This is our time. This is YOUR time. Amen to this little book called In Pursuit of the Divine. I’m totally honored and humbled to be a part of this incredible collaboration. Here is to the divine power within each of us!
Grab Your Copy & Free Gift HERE
MY NEW INSPIRATIONAL BOOK ANTHOLOGY BECOMES AVAILABLE ON AMAZON THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 6TH!
In just 3 days, the book anthology that I co-authored, In Pursuit of the Divine, will be released on Amazon. I was invited to participate in this incredible, inspiring and impactful collaboration by my friend and the book's compiler, Krista Gustavson who asked that each of the book's 30 co-authors share our stories of empowerment and transformation more truthfully, vulnerably and courageously than ever before. The result is a collection of stories that is incredibly real, totally inspirational and packed with tools to empower women around the globe. This is our time. This is YOUR time. To be utterly and gloriously YOU and to shine your light fully for your sake, the sake of your loved ones and the sake of our world. This book will empower you to do so. Stay tuned for the Amazon link which will become available on Friday so that you can purchase the book for yourself and all the other women who are important to you!
The purpose of this book is to inspire and empower Women all over the world to reclaim their Feminine Power and align with who they are so they can fully express their deepest truth. Each co-author invites you to witness their own Transformational Journey, one that empowered them to be who they are today as the Feminine Rising. Each chapter reveals the truth, what they discovered on their path to cultivate healing within themselves. Each story reveals the beauty already inherent in each one of us, a unique journey where a time of darkness initiated deep feminine wisdom of spectacular threads woven together in a tapestry of courage, bravery, trust and triumph In Pursuit of the Divine.
MEET THE CO-AUTHORS!
I joined forces with 29 other healers, coaches, visionaries and thought leaders from around North America and the U.K.
Each co-author will touch your heart and speak to your soul, giving you greater awareness, clarity and inspiration. You will learn that losing yourself in the midst of pain, grief and loss can be a portal to strengthen and empower ourselves. I invite you to step into your own story so that your true purpose can be revealed. When we are completely aligned with our Purpose, we are the greatest contribution to the world.
Our Purpose is to inspire and empower Women all over the globe with our transformational stories. Every Woman has experienced some form of disempowerment in her life leaving behind traces of her pure essence; she then becomes hidden from the world. Our purpose is to expand your awareness, acknowledge you and provide a sanctuary to reclaim your own Feminine Power. Women now more than ever are being called upon to come together as a collective entity. With our unique offerings, we have a desire to support you and guide you in activating your own inner wisdom so you can align yourself with the greatest expression of who you are and know your purpose in the world.
WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOUT MY CHAPTER TITLED "WHEN SPIRIT CALLED ME HOME".